Live in the Moment

Saturday 14 May 2016
Today I am sharing a layout I have created with you. This layout has been inspired by the More than Words challenge for this month and the Words & Paintery challenge. I have combined the challenges to create an over the top layout that I can frame for my wall.



I don't think the photo of this project does it justice. I find it very hard to capture the shine.

I chose to use the theme of living in the moment for my layout. The photo came from pinterest (author unknown). It shows a moment in time when a wave was captured by the photographer. It suited my theme perfectly.

I created a highly textures background using modelling paste through a stencil, mica flakes and seed beads. I created a cluster of textural elements in the middle of the page. I then applied finnabair's rust paste, copper perfect pearls, art alchemy steampunk copper and Lindy Stamp Gang yellow and copper sprays to the background. After this I added the main embellishments to the canvas in yellow and copper hues. I used Cleopatra copper Lindy Stamp Gang embossing powder on the title.

Here are some further photos taken at different angles.












I am entering this layout into this months Word and Paintery Challenge.


I chose to use both rust and copper to represent the brown red colour included in this challenge. I couldn't resist using my rust pastes as I have fallen in love with them. I thought the theme for my layout of living in the moment matched well with their theme of go with the flow of life.

I am also entering this into the More than Words Monthly challenge.

You can see a Prima IOD moulded clock on my layout as well as a chipboard clock and clock stamps. I also used as my theme living in the moment which seemed to suit the use of clock imagery.





9 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous. Love that background. Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool! Thank you for joining Words & Paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so hard to show shimmer and shine properly! This is fabulous anyway! Thanks for playing along at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Everything is so beautiful and full of texture! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background is INCREDIBLE...
    Thanks for joining in over @ More Than Words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout! Great composition and colors! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the textures and the rust! Thank you for playing with us at More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwww!
    The background textures are completely Awesome! Love it!
    Stunning proyect!
    Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top